In the Internet of Things era, people cannot live without devices. The devices that are recording everything you do, everywhere you go and everyone you connected to your network. The IoT is collecting your data in every minute with or without you have noticed it. The data became the most important thing for every business industry. The massive of users’ data called “Big Data”, is changing the ways how B2B Marketing works. Big Data is King for B2B Marketing.
How B2B use data to target buyers
Digital Marketing today is more than just a campaign. With the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning, B2B marketers are able to understand the target audience much better by analyzing users’ data, demographics, and behaviours.
According to eMarketer:
- 70% of respondents use big data, historical information and predictive analytics to improve their marketing effectiveness.
- Nearly four in 10 B2B marketers said a key benefit of marketing analytics is identifying precise customer needs.
- About half of B2B marketers in North America used website analysis, keyword search, employee feedback and competitive analysis to learn about their target audiences. Less frequently used data sources included database analysis (31%) and auditing existing buyer data (24%).
- 65% of social media metrics and 63% of website analytics were the top two data sources used by content strategists surveyed in North America and Western Europe. About half also said they used data from customer service records and customer surveys for personalization.
- B2B marketing agency DWA media uses multiple data sources to get the right audience for targeted programmatic campaigns.
Businesses are dealing with data more than ever. The research shows how content strategists in North America and Western Europe used data sources to create personalized/targeted content in social media interactions, website activities, customer service records, surveys and research, CRM systems, and third-party databases.
Big data is growing every day and B2B marketers need modern ways to develop models that can help businesses improve marketing strategies to target the right customers more efficiency and accuracy.
IBM categorised data into 4 dimensions: Volume, Velocity, Variety, and Veracity. See the infographic below.
How B2B leverage Big Data and increase their revenues
B2B marketers use data for tracking the prospects and customers behaviours through the buyer’s journey. User data could help B2B marketers develop better product recommendations, enhance the user experience, reduces bounce rate, and increase sales.
Here is the infographic from Visual Capitalist that shows how the B2B marketers collect your data and what they know about you that makes its income.
As the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will be enforced on May 25th, 2018, B2B marketers will need to keep in mind on how they do marketing. What B2B marketers need to know about this effect? How GDPR will affect B2B marketing? You are not too late to learn more.